Claudia Webbe Proudly Poses Alongside Labour MPs at Parliament

This afternoon the government quashed Barry Gardiner’s fire & rehire bill on the grounds they do not believe the bill will do what it claims. Labour have gone in hard on the issue, with Starmer publishing an op-ed this morning, and Barry Gardiner attending Tory conference to try and win over rebels. Seemingly to no avail…

In astonishing scenes, Steerpike’s parliamentary mole claimed to have seen none other than Claudia Webbe posing with her ex-comrades on the estate to support the bill – a photo surely no sitting Labour MP would be so stupid to be caught in following the MP being found guilty of harassment. Guido was astonished to discover not only was it true, Labour MPs have proudly posted the photo all over social media…

So far, both Janet Daby and Mohammad Yasin have posted their group selfie with Claudia. Seema Malhotra, on the other hand, very bluntly cropped the photo to avoid embarrassment.

How David Lammy, Labour’s Shadow Justice Secretary of all people, didn’t grasp the poor optics of standing directly next to the shamed MP Guido cannot understand…

mdi-timer 22 October 2021 @ 15:41 22 Oct 2021 @ 15:41 mdi-twitter mdi-facebook mdi-whatsapp mdi-telegram mdi-linkedin mdi-email mdi-comment View Comments
Labour Prepares for Claudia Webbe By-Election

Claudia Webbe’s parliamentary career hasn’t even begun cooling, yet Labour has already begun preparing for a very likely Leicester East by-election. Campaign plans forwarded to Guido show the party intents a weekend push in the constituency, asking members to “spare an hour or two over the next week”:

“We need your help to speak to voters over Leicester East about the issues that matter most to them.

Don’t worry if you have never done any door knocking before – full training by friendly Labour faces will be provided”.

The party’s planning nine campaigning sessions totalling around 20 hours across this Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Guido wonders what Keith Vaz’s weekend plans are looking like…

mdi-timer 22 October 2021 @ 14:00 22 Oct 2021 @ 14:00 mdi-twitter mdi-facebook mdi-whatsapp mdi-telegram mdi-linkedin mdi-email mdi-comment View Comments
Starmer’s Keith Vaz Dilemma

Following the guilty verdict and a warning from the judge that she could face a prison sentence, Labour has officially called for Webbe to quit her seat, which would trigger a by-election. Webbe is protesting her innocence and has made clear that she plans to continue as an MP. “While I’m preparing for the appeal I want to assure the people of Leicester East that I will continue to stand up for them in parliament, fighting on their behalf,” she says, meaning she will continue to collect her £6,827-a-month salary during the months she is on bail awaiting her appeal date. Keith Vaz, however, doesn’t think she will win the appeal and is working to reclaim the seat she took off him after he was disgraced. What have the people of Leicester East done to deserve these rogues?

Vaz has been campaigning hard for the nomination as the Labour Party’s Leicester East candidate, maintaining an office in the constituency which has been full with people out the door all hours; he’s summoning activists one-by-one in preparation for a by-election with himself as candidate. His message is “it’s either me or lose the seat”. One source tells Guido “the interesting thing is he’s been summoning people since Monday, it’s like he knew all along Claudia would be found guilty.” More likely, he was hoping.

Guido is told that Vaz has 2 unofficial constituency offices in Leicester – one on Melton Road and one on Uppingham Road. They are staffed, yet we do not know how they are funded, they compete with Webbe’s own constituency office. The Uppingham Road office Vaz has had in operation for 2 years, since Sunday night it’s had a queue outside to get in, he’s summoning all the Labour members that he controls – they call him “boss” – to further his reselection with the argument “because of her we will lose all this hard work and our representation”, he’s expected to feign an “I didn’t want to do it again but the members selected me, what can I do” stance.

If Labour make the seat an all women shortlist seat, he has his daughter lined up to succeed Claudia. If Starmer bites the bullet and gets the NEC to select a candidate – on emergency grounds –  Vaz is explicitly saying they will lose the seat and implicitly hinting he might stand as an independent, guaranteeing Labour lost the seat. If Starmer allows Vaz to be the candidate it will stink of corruption and old fashioned machine politics. The Tories last won the seat in 1983…

mdi-timer 15 October 2021 @ 09:02 15 Oct 2021 @ 09:02 mdi-twitter mdi-facebook mdi-whatsapp mdi-telegram mdi-linkedin mdi-email mdi-comment View Comments
Claudia’s Defence

Claudia Webbe told the court:

“I am not mad, I am a Member of Parliament.”

mdi-timer 14 October 2021 @ 10:15 14 Oct 2021 @ 10:15 mdi-twitter mdi-facebook mdi-whatsapp mdi-telegram mdi-linkedin mdi-email mdi-comment View Comments
The Left’s Character Endorsements of Claudia Webbe

Since the news of Claudia Webbe being found guilty, Guido’s enjoyed combing through the retrospectively embarrassing character references Labour’s hard-left gave to her throughout the hearing:

  • Jeremy Corbyn: “Claudia is a person who is very committed to ensuring justice is done”
  • John McDonnell: “I know her to be an honest, responsible and extremely caring person”
  • Diane Abbott: Webbe is a “very committed to working to support women…” praising her “warm, empathetic manner”. She added “I regard her as a very honest woman.”

It all contrasted quite starkly with the judge’s ultimate verdict: “In short, I found Ms Webbe to be vague, inconsistent and at times illogical in her account.” “She could not honestly answer and ultimately I found her to be untruthful.” The left’s judgement of character, ladies and gents…

mdi-timer 14 October 2021 @ 10:00 14 Oct 2021 @ 10:00 mdi-twitter mdi-facebook mdi-whatsapp mdi-telegram mdi-linkedin mdi-email mdi-comment View Comments
Claudia Webbe Found Guilty of Harassment

Leicester East MP Claudia Webbe has been found guilty of one count of harassment against a 59-year-old woman at Westminster Magistrates’ Court. District Judge Paul Goldspring tells the court he is considering a custodial sentence…

Webbe says she’s “deeply shocked” by the verdict and plans to appeal it:

“I am deeply shocked by today’s verdict. I am innocent and will appeal this verdict.

“As I said in court and repeat now, I have never threatened violence nor have I ever harassed anyone. The details of the events of the 25th of April that have emerged today are deeply personal. As the court heard, I was facing a domestic incident at the time of the call. I was deeply frustrated that my partner and my accuser had been socialising in the middle of the covid pandemic, contrary to the rules and all health advice. I was frightened and frustrated by his behaviour. But that fear and frustration could not and should not have been interpreted as harassment. The recording of the call has been taken out of context.

“I would like to thank all those who have supported me through this ordeal and continue to do so. These are the people who know me; my character, my values and my behaviour – they know I could not be guilty of this crime and I intend proving them right.

“While I’m preparing for the appeal I want to assure the people of Leicester East that I will continue to stand up for them in Parliament, fighting on their behalf.”

Webbe hasn’t been sentenced yet, although even a suspended term would automatically trigger a recall election…

mdi-timer 13 October 2021 @ 16:53 13 Oct 2021 @ 16:53 mdi-twitter mdi-facebook mdi-whatsapp mdi-telegram mdi-linkedin mdi-email mdi-comment View Comments
Previous Page Next Page