As Guido reported yesterday evening, top Corbyn campaign chief and hard-left TSSA union official Sam Tarry is being parachuted in to Hull West:
Several Labour sources saying top Corbynista Sam Tarry is being parachuted into Hull West
— Alex Wickham (@WikiGuido) April 25, 2017
Guido can reveal the final shortlist of candidates to be interviewed by Labour’s NEC selection panel today. They are:
- David Prescott: Red Prince and son of John, aide to Jeremy Corbyn. Has the benefit of actually being local and not being a southern carpetbagger.
- Sam Tarry: Corbyn campaign chief, Momentum man. He’s from Brighton. “Has he ever even been to Hull?” asks a local source.
- Darren Hale: Local councillor, another Corbynista who gave a pro-Jez speech when he visited Hull.
- Emma Hardy: Supposed moderate though considered soft and susceptible to Corbynista charms.
- Sarah Hayward: Moderate, leader of Camden council, southerner. Though she went to Hull Uni.
- James Anthony: Member of Unison’s National Executive Committee.
- Josh Newlove: Blairite councillor, works for Mandelson’s think tank Policy Network.
Candidate in place by Friday. The locals would probably be happy with anyone but Tarry…
UPDATE: Emma Hardy wins the selection. Corbynistas Prescott and Tarry defeated…