And we’re asking for your help. We want the blogging community to help write it. We have, with your help, compiled a list of the Top 100 Labour Scandals since 1997. Each one will be included in the book. Have a look at the list and see if you’d like to write up to 400 words on a scandal of your choice. All you need to do is email Iain and lay a claim to your scandal, then get writing. The deadline is 7pm on Sunday, 7th May. Please do not take part if you cannot meet that deadline. The book is being illustrated by Hoby and the cover design is by our friends at Beau Bo D’Or. Publishing a book at such short notice is commercially a very risky thing to do, so the success of the book will depend on how much viral marketing we’re able to do throughout the blogging world. Iain is willing to take the commercial risk on the production and booktrade marketing of the book, but we are going to launch an appeal to enable us to advertise it properly in national newspapers and the political media. More details on that later.
Guidance for Contributors
- Choose your scandal (feel free to choose more than one) from the list here.
- Immediately email Iain to claim it – he will email you back by the end of the day.
- Write in an informal style. Make it factual but feel free to use a little humour, satire or comment.
- Above all, avoid libellous statements.
- Stick to the 400 word limit. If it’s a minor scandal try to keep it to 100-200 words.
- If you’re unsure if you’re on the right track, email one of us to check.
- Email Iain your contribution before 7pm on Sunday, 7th May.
All contributors will receive full credit and free copies of the book and further quantities at 50% discount (plus p&p). Make sure you post details on your own blog. The success of this book will partly depend on how widely publicised the book is through non-commercial advertising. You can pre-order copies by clicking here.