Sherlock Holmes in North Norfolk
Guido thinks this might be a one-pipe problem. Iain Dale’s blog
Friday afternoon by an unkown hacker, who Iain assumes to be based not a million miles from his LibDem opponents. Let us examine the evidence :-
- It was a well written parody.
- It begins “Poisson Rouge”, though this clue is possibly a “red herring”.
- It also gently mocked the LibDems.
- Iain logged into his blog at the offices of the Eastern Daily Press in Cromer, North Norfolk at 12.30 on Friday to show a local journalist how easy it was to blog. He keyed in his username and password on their office computer.
- A few hours later the blog was mysteriously hacked by a well informed writer.
Are you thinking what Guido is thinking?
UPDATE: The plot thickens. “While I appreciate Guido’s efforts to help me track down my hacker I have absolutely no doubt that there is no Eastern Daily Press link. The fact that I logged into my Blog on one of their computers shortly before the hacking is an unfortunate coincidence.” Iain Dale.