Monday, March 10, 2014

Today in Court

Daily List for Monday 10 March 2014 at 

THE LAW COURTS, RINGWAY, PRESTON

Court One

THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE KING

For trial (no witnesses)

EVANS, Nigel

04ZD0330513

No witnesses until 11/3

Evans is charged with nine sex offences against seven men. He denies all the charges.

UPDATE:

Friday, February 28, 2014

LibDems Keep Child Rape Charge Councillor “In the Tent”

LibDems on Weymouth and Portland Borough council have formed a new grouping so they can circumvent the party leadership and keep child rape charge councillor Ryan Hope “in the tent”. They will be known as the Liberal Democrat and Alliance Group.

As Guido reported last month Hope was finally suspended by the party, four months after appearing in court charged with one count of raping a child, one count of rape, one count of sexual assault of a child and two counts of sexual assault. He denies the charges and faces trial in April.

Despite this the LibDems have now bent the rules so Hope can stay on and they don’t lose a seat on an important council committee.

What’s Clegg going to do about it?

UPDATE: A LibDem spokesman says:

“The party has been made aware of the decision by the council group in Weymouth. The regional party is now establishing the facts and will consider appropriate action.”

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Peter Bone’s Family Actually Trouser £200,000 From Taxpayer

The Times splashes on Peter Bone being questioned under caution over a £100,000 benefit fraud involving Mrs’ Bone’s mum. It is alleged that taxpayers’ money was used to fund her care after her assets were apparently deliberately concealed. The real figure for how much money the Bones cream off the taxpayer could actually be double that at £200,000. On top of Bone’s salary as an MP, Mrs Bone was paid between £45,000 and £49,999 last year. Meaning that between them the Bones are raking in more than £100,000 from the taxpayer a year, on top of the £100,000 Mrs Bone’s mum allegedly swindled. He denies the allegations…

Monday, February 24, 2014

Tory Spin-Doctor Bites Back: I’m No Cannibal*
*Bit Only In Self-Defence

After saying all day he would not give us a statement, Adrian Yalland has released a statement:

There are two sides to every story – especially this one. The video shows only three things clearly.

1. Me repeatedly walking away from an aggressive and abusive man who admits to mental health and anger problems, on whom I had just served legal papers relating to a libel action.

2. The same man stealing the phone from my outstretched hands on which I had just taken a photo of the house I just served papers at.

3. Me picking myself off the floor.

After having been pushed to the floor, I was punched in the back of the head by a second individual, and had a hand forced over my face, whilst I believe a second attempt was made to steal my phone. Whilst pinned down, and fearing further attack, I acted proportionately, in self defence, and only to allow me to escape – which I did immediately. The only person punched was me.

I am pleased a witness came forward to confirm my version of events, and I therefore look forward to the police concluding their investigations with interest, particularly their view on whether there is a case for perverting the course of public justice by making false allegations in order to cause an arrest.

Yalland admits to biting one of his alleged assailants, he is counter-claiming that he is the victim who was attacked. Guido is inclined after hearing his side of the story to give Adrian the benefit of the doubt. Though amusingly, Yalland did once organise a junket for Tory MPs to Equatorial Guinea, where the local tyrant has been accused of… cannibalism

UPDATE: April 26th: Yalland says the police will not be pressing charges against him.

Tory Spin-Doctor Arrested Over Alleged ‘Cannibal’ Assault Two Men Bitten in Bloody Hampshire Brawl

Adrian Yalland, a former Tory candidate and fixer for various Tory MPs has been arrested for assault after apparently biting two men during a brawl in Hampshire. The video below is alleged to show Yalland, formerly a spinner for spin shop Chelgate, attacking a man on a quiet street in Stockbridge:

Hampshire Police confirmed in a statement to Guido: “Police were called at 4.10 p.m. on Thursday, February 20 following a report of a dispute outside an address on Stockbridge High Street. A 56-year-old man and a 46-year-old man both from Stockbridge suffered minor injuries. A 44-year-old man from Marchwood was arrested on suspicion of assault. He has been bailed pending further enquiries until March 27.”

Yalland handled the press for Nigel Evans when he was charged and has worked with various MPs including Andrew Bridgen and Nadine Dorries.

  • A Tory spokesperson says: “This is a matter for the police.”
  • Nigel Evans’ office says: “I don’t think we can make any comment.”
  • Adrian Yalland was not answering his phone today.

Not the best PR spin strategy…

Video via Nadine O’Connor.

UPDATE: April 26: Yalland says the police are not pressing charges against him.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Another LibDem Donor Nicked

Scoop from the FT this morning: arms dealer and LibDem donor Sudhir Choudhrie has been arrested by cops from the Serious Fraud Office over allegations he was involved in alleged bribery by Rolls-Royce in the Far East. Along with bent trader Michael Brown that makes two of the LibDems’ largest donors implicated in major financial scandals. LibDem sex scandals were becoming ten a penny so nice to see them returning to old fashioned funny money. Don’t bet on them giving any of it back…

Friday, February 7, 2014

MacShane Out

Convicted fraudster MacShane was sentenced to six months in prison for defrauding taxpayers of £13,000 in forged receipts. He has served just six weeks. The law should be unsparing when lawmakers become lawbreakers – is this really justice?

UPDATE: MacShane is now comparing himself to Corrie star Bill Roache, found not guilty of sex offences yesterday. The difference: Roache was cleared of all charges and MacShane is a convicted fraudster. 

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Vaz’s Romanian Pal Convicted Woman Beater

Vaz-Luton

The Sun has discovered Victor Spirescu, the first Romanian to enter Britain under new EU rules, is  as a thug who beat up his girlfriend after she dumped him. He told Vaz he was in the UK “to work and not to steal”.  The Sun revealed he was convicted of violence and spent 21 days in a psychiatric hospital being treated for “use of psychotic substances”.

His 26-year-old victim Ana said: “I needed days of medical treatment after the attack and it took almost two years before my scars healed.” In June 2011 Bucharest’s Third District Court handed him a suspended 35-day jail term and fined him £660. He was also ordered to pay Ana £400 to cover medical bills — but she said she has yet to see a penny. Welcome to Britain Victor…

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Review of 2013: A Very Bad Year for MPs in Guido’s Crosshairs

It was a very bad year for the lying, cheating, criminal politicians that found themselves in the crosshairs of this blog. Guido was in court to see Chris Huhne sentenced to eight months for perverting the course of justice. You can enjoy it all over again by watching our Guy News specials recapping how Huhne lied and lied and lied again, a musical tribute to him “going down”, and 14 lies in 60 seconds. For the full story of how Guido hunted Huhne, from the day he walked out on his family and went to the gym having just told his wife he was leaving her for another woman, to his guilty plea, resignation and prison sentence, click here.

Santa delivered an early Christmas present by jailing expenses fraudster Denis MacShane for six months. During sentencing the judge said MacShane’s £13,000 expense fiddling constituted “considerable and repeated dishonesty”. The true figure is in the hundreds of thousands. You can read how Guido has pursued MacShane down the years, including reporting him to the police when new evidence of his criminality arose, here.

It didn’t end in court. Patrick Mercer was forced to stand down at the next election after being disgraced in a cash-for-questions sting. Guido has always know Mercer was a wrong’un, so it was no surprise to hear the bent MP’s fear of this blog revealed in his own words. Another sleazy Tory, conflicted Tim Yeo, escaped the same punishment after being exposed in a sting of his own, though he wasn’t so lucky with his local party who decided to give him the boot. Stay tuned as Yeo tries to fight for his political life in the New Year.

Guido has been on the case of randy Lord Rennard, the hands-on LibDem peer known as the ‘Door Locker’, for years before 2013 brought about his demise. Nick Clegg, Danny Alexander and Jo Swinson were slammed in a damning report on Rennard’s sexual harassment and the LibDems’ lies were finally revealed. Read Rennard’s sex pest history in full here.

Finally, spare a mention for Mike Hancock. Forced to resign the LibDem whip as he is privately prosecuted for sexual harassing a disabled female constituent.  The leaks from the unpublished independent report into his behaviour are damning. 2013 has seen MPs targeted by Guido for their various financial, sexual or criminal misdeeds drop like flies. Roll on 2014…

Friday, December 20, 2013

Cops Buried Evidence of Expense-Fiddling MPs

More evidence the police let criminal MPs get away with breaking the law during the expenses scandal in the Times today. The Met carried out assessments of 77 MPs suspected of breaking the law, launching full investigations into 14. Four of those investigations were not passed onto the CPS but instead buried, the evidence never to see the light of day. Worth remembering the police would have let Denis MacShane get away with false accounting, assuring him he wouldn’t face trial and only handing his file to prosecutors once the Standards and Privileges Committee published its own damning report. Following the Standards and Privileges Committee report Guido wrote to the police demanding they re-open the case.

The police should now hand over the four buried investigations to the CPS immediately. Who were the four MPs who aroused such suspicion and what were they accused of?


Seen Elsewhere

BBC: It Was Guido Wot Won It | MediaGuido
Nick Robinson’s Britain First Selfie | Metro
Dyson: Leave German Dominated EU, Join EFTA |
How UKIP Won Rochester | Seb Payne
Labour’s Islington Problem | Harry Phibbs
Ed Lost More Than a By-Election | Labour Uncut
Labour the Biggest Losers in Rochester | Speccie
Thornberry a Gift to Farage | Nick Wood
Is Left Finally Turning Against EU? | Dan Hannan
Labour Votes Going Green | Guardian
UKIP Winning Class War | Tim Stanley


Find out more about PLMR AD-MS


Ralph Miliband on the English…

“The Englishman is a rabid nationalist. They are perhaps the most nationalist people in the world.”



Left on Left says:

The lefties are attacking because the panellist is a millionaire and lives in a London home worth upwards of two million. Someone had best tell them he’s called Ed Miliband.


Tip off Guido
Web Guido's Archives

Subscribe me to:






RSS


AddThis Feed Button
Archive


Labels
Guido Reads
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,597 other followers