After the chair of the Oxford University Labour club quit alleging anti-Semitism, other members of the organisation have come forward with fresh racism claims against fellow Labour members. The new allegations include:
- Several people, all of whom have been on the committee, have been known to sing the song “Rockets Over Tel Aviv” and have specifically expressed support for Hamas’ tactic of launching indiscriminate attacks against Israel’s Jewish citizens
- One member stated that it was ‘not anti-Semitic’ to allege the existence of an international Jewish conspiracy
- One member, then on committee, stated that all Jews should be expected to publicly denounce Zionism and the state of Israel, and that we should not associate with any Jew who fails to do so
- One member was formally disciplined by their college for organising a group of students to harass a Jewish student and to shout ‘filthy Zionist’ whenever they saw her
- One member argued that Hamas was justified in its policy of killing Jewish civilians and claimed that all Jews were legitimate targets
There has been no comment from the leader’s office or the Shadow Cabinet as we enter day three of the Oxford Labour race row. Will that change today as these new allegations surface?