The race is on for one of the best jobs in SW1, so as ever Guido gives you the runners and riders to replace Adam Boulton:
- Nick Watt - Said to be a favourite, Watt is strong on TV and has built a decent broadcast reputation on the Sunday Politics. Bit Guardian-y though.
- George Parker - FT pol ed Parker likes to think he invented the whole political journalist turned pundit and paper reviewer thing.
- Nick Robinson - Mischievously tipped for a move across from the BBC to Sky News, Robbo is said to want to become a Beeb “institution” instead. Fancies himself as the next John Sargeant.
- Laura Kuenssberg - Guido’s favourite presenter, the ITV News business editor is heading back to the BBC to be Newsnight’s chief correspondent. Is rumoured to have turned down the possibility of a last minute change of mind.
- Tom Newton Dunn - The Sun’s political editor is a good bet to make the move to broadcast at some point, being strong on telly.
- Joey Jones - Will surely do the job one day, though his bosses are said to be looking for someone “more exotic” to replace Boulton.
- Cathy Newman - Channel 4’s Cathy from Dulwich is persistent, as Nick Clegg has found out. But would she want to stand outside Downing Street at 10pm every night?
It’s wide open…