Their embargoed look at the budget has leaked before the Chancellor even stands up:
- Planned fuel duty hike scrapped
- 1p off a pint but cider up 2p, wine up 10p and spirits up 38p.
- Borrowing up to £61bn
- Income tax allowance will rise to £10,000 by April 2014
- Corporation tax cut to 20% by 2015
- Growth will apparently reach 1.8% next year, 2.3% by 2015. No Triple Dip.
- £2,000 cut to employer NI contributions.
Terrible economic news but cheaper beer.
UPDATE II: Editor Sarah Sands has released this statement:
“An investigation is immediately underway into how this front page was made public and the individual who Tweeted the page has been suspended while this takes place. We have immediately reviewed our procedures. We are devastated that an embargo was breached and offer our heartfelt apologies.”