If Oscar Wilde is right that there “… is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about” then the Olympics has made things worse for Cameron and better for Boris.
Every single broadsheet this morning is talking about and analysing the prospects for Boris replacing Dave in Downing Street…
- It’s a long shot. But don’t bet against Boris Johnson going for gold | Jonathan Freedland | The Guardian
- The meaning of Boris: high jinks not high office | Janan Ganesh | The Financial Times
- Is Boris Johnson serious? When it comes to No 10, the answer is deadly so | Charles Moore | The Daily Telegraph
- Does Boris want to be the PM? Yes, and his team is already trying to make it happen | Andrew Grice | The Independent
- Boris goes global in search of investment for London and to burnish political image | Michael Savage | The Times