Self-confessed teen fondler and LibDem MP Mike Hancock is “looking to recruit two bright, hard-working candidates to volunteer” in his office. The fact that he’s not paying his interns should be least of Nick Clegg’s worries when it comes to this backbencher. The advert goes on to say:
“Applicants should be reliable, enthusiastic and be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats. Strong IT, organisational skills and a sense of humour essential.”
Admitting to cheating on your wife and “kissing and cuddling” with a teenage girl in court is hardly a laughing matter.
Responsibilities for the job include:
- Drafting correspondence – Like sending sex texts to vulnerable constituents?
- Research – An unhealthy interest in both Russia and the UK’s defences is essential.
- Helping to manage Mike’s schedule – Events like midnight cocktails with a Russian currently fighting deportation for espionage.
- Occasionally attending meetings and functions. – Meetings involving brown envelopes in parks.
- Some European work may be required – “come on Princess, give me a chance…“
But beware, the successful candidate “will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).”
Have they run Hancock through that verification process recently?