Read the Details of Scotland’s Sobering ‘Lockdown’ Plan
Following this morning’s scoop that the Scottish Government is planning to close all pubs and bars for at least sixteen days, Guido can now reveal the explanatory notes revealing further details of the plan. Key takeaways include:
- Serving alcohol will be ‘effectively banned’.
- All indoor hospitality will be closed between 6 pm and 6 am, with exceptions for serving meals in hotels.
- Hospitality venues may open between 6 am and 6 pm provided no alcohol is served.
- In the central belt, there will be no serving of alcohol outdoors (but that will be allowed elsewhere).
- There will be exceptions for “significant life events” such as wedding receptions and funeral wakes, to allow these to continue in line with current rules.
- Some form of “financial compensation” will be offered to the hospitality sector.
The plans being circulated by the Edinburgh government are likely to be similar to those being discussed in London too, as new cases continue to climb.
Read the explanatory notes in full…