Chelsea LibDems Make It Horlicks
Nicola Horlick earned the sobriquet “super-woman” after flying to Frankfurt to tackle her banker bosses in an employment row, accompanied by a load of hacks to write her up admirably. She’s always been good at marketing herself to the media, a skill she will no doubt deploy now she has been selected for the LibDems. Her actual business career since then has been less than super;
- At Deutsche Asset Management she presided over the Peter Young Scandal
- Bees and Honey, her venture aimed at retail investors was abandoned before it could even fly
- Bramdean, her fund of funds, invested in Bernie Madoff
- Georgina’s, her Barnes restaurant’s closure after 18 months was blamed on Barnes being “full of mothers with children who don’t go out much at night”.
- Money & Co, her latest bandwagon peer-to-peer lending operation has reportedly slashed its staff numbers.
Her timing might be seen as opportunist to jump in with the LibDems, however it is clearly time to quit business…