Envy of the World Update
An independent panel has found:
- At least 450 patients died after being given powerful painkillers inappropriately at Gosport Hospital
- 200 more may have suffered a similar fate
- there was a “disregard for human life” at the hospital
- there was an “institutionalised regime” of prescribing and administering “dangerous” amounts of a medication
- Dr Jane Barton, who oversaw the “practice of prescribing”, was found guilty of failings in her care of 12 patients but was not struck off
NHS staff closed ranks to cover this up. How many times?