Remember when MediaGuido uncovered the Telegraph’s “trash traffic” strategy to game Search Engine Optimisation and secure millions of extra Google juice clicks? Well, in the last 24 hours the Telegraph website has published a grand total of 17 articles about Love Island, the popular ITV2 reality show featuring scantily-clad ladies and on-screen romps. This is the sort of “premium content” lucky Telegraph subscribers get to read today:
- 16 things Love Island taught us about sex
- Love Island’s Caroline Flack: ‘It’s not about sex’
- How Love Island convinced me to stud my poodle
- The top 10 cringiest moments from this season’s Love Island
- Viagra sponsorship: how will Love Island contestants will make their millions?
A reminder that at the Telegraph it’s the SEO Chartbeat monkeys, not editors, who call the shots…