Attack at Parliament
- BREAKING: A man has been shot at the entrance of parliament after attacking a policeman with a knife
- Car rammed into gates outside parliament
- Incident on Westminster bridge, eyewitnesses say several hit by car. Graphic video:
- UPDATE: Commons Leader David Lidington says a police officer was stabbed and the assailant was then shot. Says there are reports of further violence in the vicinity of parliament.
- Theresa May was in voting lobby at time of attack. She and other ministers have been evacuated.
- UPDATE: Richard Tice tells Sky between 8 and 10 people are lying prostrate on the ground on Westminster Bridge. Car “drove along pavement knocking people over”.
- WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES: Via Reuters
- Scotland Yard say they are treating it as a terrorist incident
- UPDATE: Press Association says one woman dead, several others with “catastrophic” injuries
- Tory minister Tobias Ellwood gave CPR and mouth-to-mouth to the wounded policeman. Pictures here.
- First photos of the attacker here.
- UPDATE: BBC reports the policeman has died.
Comments are closed