Yesterday Guido revealed how most Tory candidates had been blocked from standing in Witney to ensure a local candidate took the seat. It looks like even more of a stitch up this morning. Here are your new runners and riders:
- James Mills – The bookies’ favourite and leader of the local district council.
- David McFarlane – The local association chairman. A letter has gone round from old Etonian Lord de Mauley telling members to vote for him. They’ve been accused of trying to “ram raid” the process.
- Natasha Whitmill – Worked in Cameron’s constituency office since she was 22. Dave is reportedly helping her win the selection and there’s growing anger that she might win. The final crony?
- Robert Courts – Deputy leader of the district council.
- John Cotton – Leader of the neighbouring district council. Semi-local.
So CCHQ, McFarlance and Whitmill are all being accused of their own separate stitch ups. Decision tonight…