Dave is off and a by-election has been called, as ever Guido gives you your (early) runners and riders:
- Dan Hannan – Got his wish of being sacked as an MEP, surely it’s time for this hero of the revolution to come to Westminster?
- Syed Kamall – The Tory MEP leader is another one looking for a job. Helped broker Dave’s unsuccessful EU renegotiation. Cameron told Kamall he was “finished” after he backed Brexit. Fitting replacement then.
Ruth Davidson– Touted as a future Tory leader, Ruth will have to come down from Scotland one day if she’s to succeed Theresa. Has however repeatedly said she’s happy north of the border. UPDATE: Spokesman says “That won’t be happening.”
- George Osborne – His Tatton seat is disappearing under the Boundary Review. Could he do the chicken run down to Witney?
- Toby Young – Still on the candidates list, has made positive noises about partial selection in schools. If he gets in now he could be in Boris’ Cabinet.
- Esther McVey – Lost her seat in 2015 and is sniffing round any seat she can find. Never off the telly as she tries to mount a comeback.
A quick back of a fag packet list, stay tuned for more names as and when they come…