- 21:19 Shadow Leader of the House Chris Bryant resigns.
- 19:08 Karl Turner, Shadow Attorney General, is next to quit.
- 17:46 Blairite Shadow Justice Secretary Charlie Falconer resigns.
- 17:20 Tom Watson says he is “deeply disappointed” by Hilary Benn’s sacking and “equally saddened” by resignations.
- 16:51 Shadow Northern Ireland Secretary Vernon Coaker quits.
- 13:44 Close McDonnell ally, Shadow Chief Secretary Seema Malhotra resigns.
- 13:09 Shadow Environment Secretary Kerry McCarthy goes too.
- 12:58 Andy Burnham says he WON’T resign.
- 12:56 Shadow Education Secretary Lucy Powell resigns.
- 12:55 Confirmed Lilian Greenwood quits.
- 12:40 Len McCluskey says it’s a “pathetic and futile coup” against Corbyn. Says Tom Watson will back Jez.
- 12:30 Lucy Powell has told MPs she’s resigning from shadow cabinet later this afternoon.
- 11:38 Confirmed Ian Murray has gone. He’s Labour’s only Scottish MP.
- 11:07 Gloria De Piero quits.
- 09:52: Shadow Scotland Secretary Ian Murray set to quit, along with Shadow Transport Secretary Lilian Greenwood.
- 08:15 Corbyn says he won’t resign.
- 08:00 Shadow Health Secretary Heidi Alexander resigns.
- 01:00 Shadow Foreign Secretary Hilary Benn sacked in the early hours. He had been about to resign.
As Jez once tweeted, “Here we, here we, here we f**king go”…
Late last night EyeSpy.MP spotted that the Prince Across the Water was back across the water:
David Miliband moving through Heathrow arrivals deep in phone conversation. When is the Batley & Spen candidate selection?
— Eye Spy MP (@eyespymp) June 25, 2016
UPDATE II: John McDonnell tells Andrew Neil the membership will be mobilised behind the programme. Note that he doesn’t say mobilised behind Corbyn. McDonnell’s rhetorical support for Corbyn conflicts with his manifest ambitions. Under pressure from Brillo he says he won’t stand for leader even if Corbyn falls. A politician’s promise…
UPDATE III: A senior Labour MP texts: “McDonnell lying through teeth. Seema [Malhotra] and others been calling for him in last 24h.” Tom Blenkinsop suggests McDonnell has been ringing round himself to canvass for support.