Channel 4 News last night exposed more allegations about Tory overspending in South Thanet. Michael Crick’s investigation revealed:
- More hotels booked that were not declared.
- CCHQ Campaign Specialist Marion Little personally booked hotel rooms in her name, registered to her home adress in Hertfordshire.
- Allegedly over 770 nights of hotel room bookings made, covering all three by-elections, were linked to Little.
- An email in which Little coordinated moving equipment and activists between undeclared hotels.
- The Tories legal agent for the whole campaign, Victoria Goff, signed off on an election declaration that omitted hotel overspends. This is despite her staying in a room at one of the undeclared hotels.
- Local Conservatives working for the Tories in Clacton have now demanded an inquiry into potentially illegal by-election spending.
That’s plenty for the Electoral Commission to investigate then…