2015 has been a record-breaking traffic year for Guido, with over 35 million visits to the site in this election year. The top ten traffic posts published in the last 12 months were:
- BBC: Bring Back Clarkson Petition
- Stig in a Tank Live on Telly
- Read Full James Blunt Takedown of Chris Bryant
- #BringBackClarkson Hits Half A Million Signatures
- Guardian ‘Posh’ Whinge Backfires
- BBC Smear of Deaf Tory MP Goes Viral
- Peter Oborne Quits Telegraph
- Anti-Austerity Protesters Turn on Russell Brand
- Tax Dodge Shame of Labour Election Star
Here are some of our favourite stories of the the past year:
March saw Guido’s first foray into clicktivism following Jeremy Clarkson’s suspension by the BBC. Our petition to “Bring Back Clarkson” was the fastest-growing ever in the UK, received over 1 million signatures and was delivered to Broadcasting House in a tank by “the Stig”. He still owes us lunch.
The Tory election win and Jeremy Corbyn’s revolution in the Labour Party were the joint surprises of the year. Guido readers learnt all about Jezza’s invitation to terrorists, defence of dictators, views on ISIS, the abusive tweets of his top aide and the most brutal PLP meeting of the year. Not to mention Stop the War’s greatest hits and Guido’s scoop on Caroline Lucas’ dramatic resignation. Will Jez still be in charge this time next year?
It wasn’t clear sailing for the Tories after winning a majority, with the party rapidly engulfed in a bullying scandal. Guido brought you a string of exclusives about the row, including this unforgettable infographic. Which quickly became the subject of water-cooler gossip among Tory MPs trying to fill in the blanks.
Happy New Year, and roll on the referendum…