The Curse of McTernan
The scalping of Jim Murphy and the capitulation of Scottish Labour are a cruel addendum to the long and illustrious CV of Labour spinner John McTernan. Such other career achievements of the party’s panglossian media cheerleader should not be overlooked.
- Special Advisor to Harriet Harman at DSS. Harman was sacked.
- Helped run Frank Dobson’s Mayoral Campaign. Dobson lost.
- Special Advisor to Scottish First Minister Henry McLeish. McLeish had to resign over an expenses “muddle”.
- Helped run Labour’s Scottish Parliament Campaign in 2007. Labour were beaten in Scotland for the first time in 50 years.
- Chief of Communications for Julia Gillard. She was ousted by her own party.
- Chief of Staff to Jim Murphy. Labour lost all their seats in Scotland, including Murphy’s, bar one.
McTernan is spending his free time retweeting kind words about Liz Kendall. Don’t let him Liz!