It’s barely four days since the revelation that the adorable rolling droid in the Star Wars film is a real prop, and already some engineering wizz has worked out how to build one at home. Check out the loveable little fella in action below.
If you fancy making one yourself, just follow Techno’s Blue Peterish instructions…
1. Buy a Sphero robotic ball.
2. Split it in half with a hack-saw.
3. Attach a magnet to the internal shock absorber and stick the ball back together.
4. Make a head out of polyurethane foam.
5. Stick a magnet to the head and get rolling.
Here’s one I made earlier…