Unemployment Falls to 5.8%
- employment continued to rise and unemployment continued to fall. These changes maintain the general direction of movement since late 2011/early 2012.
- There were 30.80 million people in work. This was 37,000 more than for June to August 2014
- Comparing September to November 2014 with a year earlier, there were 512,000 more people in work.
- the employment rate was 73.0%
- There were 1.91 million unemployed people. This was 58,000 fewer than for June to August 2014
- Comparing September to November 2014 with a year earlier, there were 418,000 fewer unemployed people
- The unemployment rate was 5.8%, lower than for June to August 2014 (6.0%) and lower than for a year earlier (7.1%)