Runners and Riders for New Guardian Editor
- Janine Gibson – Seen as the heiress apparent, this year Janine came home from the US to be deputy editor and editor-in-chief of the Guardian website
- Katharine Viner – Replaced Gibson as editor of Guardian US, might she leapfrog her predecessor?
- Emily Wilson – Former UK network editor of the website, now she is Down Under having taken over from Viner.
- Amol Rajan – Time for a person of colour?
- James Ball – Has written every story of significance in the Guardian for the last 10 years, or so he claims.
- Edward Snowden – You can run a paper from Skype, right?
- Frank Fisher – Right-wing legend who writes most of Comment is Free (in the comments).
- Russell Brand – King of the C U Next Tuesdays.
- Jonathan Freedland – Sound on Palestine.
- Ian Katz – Return of the Prince from the Guardian’s broadcasting arm.
Surely it’s time for the Guardian to have their first non-private school educated editor?