Via the ONS:
- Net migration was 260,000 last year, a statistically significant increase from 182,000 in the previous 12 months.
- It remains below the peak of 320,000 in the year ending June 2005.
- 583,000 people immigrated last year, a statistically significant increase from 502,000 in the previous 12 months. There were statistically significant increases in immigration of EU (up 45,000) and non-EU (up 30,000) citizens.
- 323,000 people emigrated last year.
- National Insurance Number (NINo) registrations to adult overseas nationals increased by 12% to 668,000 in the year ending September 2014 from the previous year. Romanian citizens had the highest number of registrations (104,000), followed by Polish citizens (98,000).
- 32,000 Romanian and Bulgarian citizens immigrated last year, a statistically significant increase from 18,000 in the previous 12 months.
So the government’s net migration figure has gone the same way as the deficit figure, the wrong way…