The drip, drip, drip of leaks from parliament, Whitehall and rival newsrooms are what makes this blog happen. Guido relies on you for information and makes every technological effort to make it easy and safe to blow the whistle on politicians:
- If you call the voicemail number (0709 284 0531) you are asked to give a name, genuine or not, you will then either be connected or your message will be digitally recorded and automatically converted to text. Your voice is then erased.
- If you want to send an untraceable encrypted email, Guido recommends using Hushmail.
- If you want to forward an email, DO NOT send it from your parliament, government or party account. COPY and PASTE the text into a personal email and send it from there.
- DO NOT forward attachments as your bosses may use tracking software to determine where it has gone. Download the file first, then upload it to your personal account.
- An easy way to leak digital information without getting caught is to take a screenshot on your phone camera, documents can be photographed by most smartphone cameras. No way for your bosses to track it back to you if it’s your personal phone.
Voicemail : 0709 284 0531
Fax : 0709 201 2337
Email : Guido.Fawkes@Order-Order.com
Sources are anonymous (unless you want credit). Who is on the fiddle? Who is lying? If you know “the line” is a lie, ask yourself why you got into politics; was it to cover up the truth or to tell it?