Sky News Political Editor Runners and Riders
The race is on for one of the best jobs in SW1, so as ever Guido gives you the runners and riders to replace Adam Boulton:
- Nick Watt – Said to be a favourite, Watt is strong on TV and has built a decent broadcast reputation on the Sunday Politics. Bit Guardian-y though.
- George Parker – FT pol ed Parker likes to think he invented the whole political journalist turned pundit and paper reviewer thing.
- Nick Robinson – Mischievously tipped for a move across from the BBC to Sky News, Robbo is said to want to become a Beeb “institution” instead. Fancies himself as the next John Sargeant.
- Laura Kuenssberg – Guido’s favourite presenter, the ITV News business editor is heading back to the BBC to be Newsnight’s chief correspondent. Is rumoured to have turned down the possibility of a last minute change of mind.
- Tom Newton Dunn – The Sun’s political editor is a good bet to make the move to broadcast at some point, being strong on telly.
- Joey Jones – Will surely do the job one day, though his bosses are said to be looking for someone “more exotic” to replace Boulton.
- Cathy Newman – Channel 4’s Cathy from Dulwich is persistent, as Nick Clegg has found out. But would she want to stand outside Downing Street at 10pm every night?
It’s wide open…