The eternally classy Lord Rennard has threatened to go nuclear and leak “where the bodies are buried” in regard to other LibDem sex scandals. As Guido pointed out in the Sun yesterday, we’ve heard Nick Clegg’s excuses before:
“Last year it emerged that Clegg had also ignored two letters sent to him by lawyers representing men who claim they were attacked in the Sixties and Seventies by the late Liberal MP Cyril Smith. Law firm Pannone said: “We have formally written to Nick Clegg’s office on two occasions requesting the chief whips’ files on allegations of abuse at a hostel in Rochdale”. Another case of lost in the post, no doubt.”
Here are the developments in the Mike Hancock scandal this morning:
- The Sun has revealed Hancock victim “Annie’s” heartbreaking pleas sent to Nick Clegg and the chilling warning the DPM ignored – Guido will post when it’s online.
- Portsmouth Council LibDem Group have gone into to coalition with Indepedent Councillor Mike Hancock, despite having a majority, so he can keep his job in the council cabinet. This is a direct challenge to Clegg’s authority.
- The most senior female LibDem on Portsmouth Council has quit in disgust.
- Portsmouth LibDems are selecting a new candidate for 2015.
- “Annie” is demanding to meet Nick Clegg for answers on why she was ignored for three years.
Guido has something up his sleeve. Stand back…