Fix the Roof While the Sun is Shining Update
Everything you need to know about today’s unemployment figures:
- Employment rate is 72.0%.
- There were 30.09 million people in employment aged 16 and over, up 250,000 from May to July 2013 and up 485,000 from a year earlier.
- Uunemployment rate is 7.4%, down 0.3% from May to July 2013 and down 0.5 from a year earlier.
- There were 2.39 million unemployed people aged 16 and over, down 99,000 from May to July 2013 and down 121,000 from a year earlier.
- Economic inactivity rate is 22.1% (the lowest since 1991).
- Total pay rose by 0.9% compared with August to October 2012.
Which all makes for a fun PMQs for Ed later…
Labour are admitting this is good news but already hammering out their line that it is the ‘cost-of-living crisis’ that really matters. A ComRes poll today shows just 25% see the cost of living crisis as an economic priority, with 41% saying they want the government to focus on growth. Another great Miliband public opinion success…