The Standards and Privileges Committee report on Denis MacShane is so damning that Labour HQ have already said his career is over. The report found that MacShane:
- Claimed nearly £20,000 a year in expenses for an office based in the garage of his South Yorkshire home.
- Signed claims with a “nom de plume” purporting to come from a General Manager who did not in fact exist.
- Knowingly submitted nineteen false invoices over a period of four financial years which were plainly intended to deceive the Parliamentary expenses authorities.
- Claimed thousands of pounds for eight computers that got ‘lost’ or were taken by interns.
- Claimed £12,900 for invoices from his EPI slush fund. He didn’t provide a single receipt for payments.
Do not pass go. Do not collect £200. Go straight to jail… if there was any justice.