Details are sketchy and Guido is on the way to the pub, but he understands that Burnham, the loans and the ongoing mystery around the contracting of Lee Communications by the Labour Party has been reported by a Member to the Parliamentary Standards Commissioner John Lyons tonight. These are the questions that Labour spinners have refused to answer all day:
1. Where was the job of Andy Burnham’s Political Adviser advertised and what are the exact specifications of the role?
2. How many people were interviewed for it?
3. Why was the job given to Mr Lee?
4. Was the somewhat awkward situation of the loans to the Burnham campaign discussed before he was employed?
5. What assurances were sought regarding Mr Lee’s private interests in the NHS? Is there anything in writing about him not lobbying while on the job?
6. How much is Mr Lee paid and is the job paid out of Short Money?
7. Why is Mr Lee’s company, Lee Communications Ltd, contracted by the Labour Party rather than Mr Lee being employed directly by the Party as is the norm with the other PAds?
The longer they don’t answer, the longer it looks like they cannot. C’mon Bob don’t make us angry…