Having topped the Total Politics top 100 blogs for the last couple of years, Guido thought he would give some newbies and old favourites a plug as the deadline for voting approaches. Head over to Total Politics to vote here. Though he is not suggesting who you should vote for, Guido just submitted his Top 5:
1. Crash Bang Wallace – Portland spin-merchant Mark Wallace, formerly of the Taxpayers’ Alliance, has a rather familiar blend of ideological soundness and story digging. Has scored a fair few hits in its short existence.
2. The Commentator – The right-of-centre international rival to Comment is Free is growing in readership and influence despite being just six months old.
3. Dan Hodges at Labour Uncut– Hodge’s campaign to help Ed and wind up Peter Hain has been the source of hours of amusement in the Guy News Room. We consider him a fellow-traveller, his nick-name here is ‘Agent Hodges’.
4. Old Holborn – An old favourite, but not for the light-hearted, easily offended or the Welsh. Old Holborn will make you laugh and maybe even think about things you don’t want to think about.
5. Douglas Carswell – At least one MP is still a member of the reality based community.
Voting closes at midnight…
UPDATE: Entirely coincidentally The Evening Standard Magazine has a brilliantly written profile of “Webminster”