Labour MPs are in complete disarray and the Tories in the form of Alan Duncan reckon the Prime Mentalist is “treading rapidly into realms of complete and utter lunacy”.
The thing is, Labour politicians seem to agree:
- Mandelson conceded: “It is indeed turning into a bit of a week. It never rains but it pours, it seems.”
- David Blunkett admitted “We are on a treadmill and we have got to get off”.
- Tony Wright, the level headed chair of the Public Administration Committee says: “It is rather a large under-statement to say that we are in a bit of a mess.”
- Gordon Prentice said Gordon’s loony tunes YouTube video “was just too horrible to watch.”
- Tom Harris warns: “‘Governments fall apart when discipline fails.”
- Bob Marshall-Andrews judges matters thus “He’s had it. He’s finished. The Prime Minister is complete blown chaff… All my colleagues think so too. For the first time in my life I’ve seen them united. They are united in despair.”
- Blunkett wants Labour to “avoid self-inflicted wounds”.
Meanwhile rumours circulate that Charles Clarke is ready to inflict some wounds by standing as a stalking horse candidate. A summer of fun awaits…