- “J. Allardyce” must be Jason Allardyce, associate editor of the Sunday Times Scotland.
- “A.F. Carlin” could be Tony Carlin, Group Content Editor of Herald newspapers
- “J.B. Currie” could be Brian Currie, former Evening Times’ political editor and now group political editor of Herald newspapers
- “S. Dalgety” is probably Susan Dalgety, a former Labour councillor and aide to First Minister Jack McConnell and formerly of publishers Holyrood Communications.
- “T.J.J. Little” must be Tom Little, Scotland on Sunday columnist
- “S. Penman” is almost certainly Stephen Penman, currently Deputy Editor, Sunday Herald
- “K.C. Symon” sounds like Ken Symon, currently with public affairs company McGarvie Morrison Media
One surprise, “J.P. Murdoch” – surely things can’t be that bad….