+++ LibDem Reshuffle Highlights +++
- Simon Hughes Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change – sideways since he had nothing to do as no longer party president.
- Steve Webb Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions – sideways.
- David Heath Shadow Leader of the House – return of euro-rebel
- Jenny Willott Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster – pad out the female count
- David Howarth Shadow Secretary of State for Justice – promoted
- Lynne Featherstone “to oversee the party’s online campaigning”.
- Susan Kramer “has chosen to leave the shadow cabinet to take up a new role leading the party’s campaign against the expansion of Heathrow Airport.” Hmmm.
The most interesting move is John Sharkey, Clegg’s communications director, he has been appointed Deputy Chair of the General Election campaign. “He will work closely with Lord Rennard, Chair of the General Election campaign”. He will try, with Chris Fox, to shift Rennard into the 21st century and focus more on broadcasters than Focus leaflets.