Last week he made two great Bushisms in his speech to the Scottish TUC:
- “I remember the 1940s.” Gordon Brown was born in in 1951.
- “The Government has done more for poverty over the past fifteen years” Yes, beginning when John Major was in charge of the government.
- He also told Sky’s Adam Boulton last week that Britain had been “diversifying into gold” by selling Britain’s gold reserves. And it was the Tories fault anyway.
- “Nelson Mandela was freed in our lunchtime.” Well, Prezza’s lunchtime…
- “Britain and China are both centres of invasion….”