Gordon Loses His Way Again With the PLP
Sky’s Jon Craig didn’t come into the Lobby to have his advice ignored. Last night the PM’s advance security detachment asked him which door Gordon should use to enter the PLP meeting. “The Chairman’s Entrance,”
Craig told him. “The PM always uses the Chairman’s Entrance.”
Ian Austin, PPS to Gordon, ignored the advice leading the PM in via the “Members’ Entrance”
, which, according to Craig;
plunged them into a throng of Labour MPs and peers waiting to hear the PM rather than to the platform from where he was due to speak, they emerged, sheepish and embarrassed, and headed for the “Chairman’s Entrance”.
“Gordon’s got lost again!” shouted one wag among the political journalists in the corridor. And indeed he had.
If only the Prime Minister, his PPS and his detective had listened to me.
Guido is compiling a (shades of Dale) list of the top twatty Mr Bean things that Mr Brown has done.
Going on the list are:
- Reading from an autocue obscuring his face at his “Gordon for Britain” launch.
- Tucking his trousers into his sock.
- Getting lost at Windsor Castle Dinner for Sarkozy to the amusement of Her Majesty.
- Locking himself in the toilet and having to ring Blair on his mobile to get him out.
- Absent mindedly picking his nose for two minutes on the front bench on budget day 2007 in full view of the Tory ranks and TV viewers.
- Getting entangled in balloons at a photo-op.
- After an interview with Adam Boulton in India, getting up and walking into a plant pot.
- Forgetting the access codes for his own office resulting in a No. 10 armed security response unit rushing to find him in his nightie.
- Telling the same anecdotal jokes time and again and still screwing them up.
- Trusting Blair to keep his word after the Granita dinner.
Any more twatty things? In the comments please…