As the “Tory Radio” name suggests it is completely unfair and unbalanced, but it does represent a significantly more open-minded approach in that the likes of Francis Maude are willing, without any editorial control, to take grassroots questions for podcasting. Can you really imagine Hazel Blears not going into her Blair-bot mode if she was asked unscripted questions? Because ToryRadio.com is unofficial and outside the control of CCHQ there is always a chance it could go madly off message. The jingles are a bit Smashy and Nicey…
UPDATE :Nick emails to say in true Cameroonie fashion that he is making no policy commitments at this stage. However “The Routemaster had fantastic qualities which its replacements conspicuously lack. Livingstone has shown a lack of imagination and nerve in giving in to the Routemaster’s detractors at TfL without demanding that they come up with a new bus design which combines the advantages of the Routemaster with better disabled access. I would not be so easily browbeaten.”
The Met Police’s Press Office is only now confirming that police are studying claims that Prezza could have broken anti-corruption laws by staying on US billionaire Philip Anschutz’s ranch.
Elsewhere the writ from Tricia McDaid, who worked for Prescott when he was the transport shadow has now been filed in the High Court and formally served on Prescott. In papers filed with the court, Ms McDaid says: “I am bringing a claim for damages and my consequential losses as a result of my former employer’s negligent behaviour.”
Some of her allegations:
- At a party at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum in 1992. She said: “He started to kiss me. He pulled my dress out, looked down my top and said, ‘What have you got on under there? How come you can’t see anything?’ I was wearing a body stocking as opposed to a bra and knickers… It was embarrassing for him to have done that in front of so many people.”
- In 1993, after Labour’s defeat in the 1992 election, McDaid was recruited to work for the party. One of her tasks was to help Prescott in his role as shadow transport secretary. “He was wary from the start because he was aware his behaviour had been inappropriate”
- “I just hated it. He said that since I wasn’t a member of the Labour party I must be a spy. He made a fuss because he had harassed me and he didn’t like the fact he was under my brief.”
- “He was a boastful, arrogant, nasty pig. He just jumped on you when he felt like it at a party. He had no manners whatsoever. Several times I nearly slapped him in the face.”
- He “jumped” on her at parties hoping for sexual favours. “He just leapt on me at one party and his tongue was halfway down my throat.”
- She had to wear trouser suits to avoid his wandering hands in the lifts at his Westminster office. She added that she was too afraid to protest at the time for fear of losing her job.
- “He started to kiss me. He pulled my dress out, looked down my top and said, ‘What have you got on under there, how come you can’t see anything?’. I was wearing a body stocking as opposed to a bra and knickers. It was so embarrassing for him to have done that in front of so many people… A few weeks later he came to my house. He just turned up on the doorstep at about 12 o’clock at night. I was in East Dulwich and he lived in this seamen’s union flat in Clapham and he just came over. I cooked him dinner and sat there and chatted. He was looking for sexual favours but what are you going to do? It was sexual harassment but I never made a formal complaint. If you complained about sexual harassment, you would have never worked again. We did not have sexual relations. But he used to get really drunk on whisky and would say he had a dossier about people in the Labour party sleeping with one another.”
- “Afterwards I worked as a political journalist for the Irish News. I remember him at a party at the Irish embassy. I was surrounded by people but he kissed me on the lips and started to put his tongue down my throat. I laid into him. I got quite aggressive and there was a scene. He accused me of being a Tory spy.”
- She said he also turned up at her house uninvited at night looking for “sexual favours”.
- “It was all about sex. That’s all it was ever about with him. He saw women as wee girls and would just grab their arses. He would do it to anybody in a skirt. I started wearing trouser suits so I wouldn’t get groped. We would have meetings in his office and he would put his hand up his secretary’s skirt while everybody was there.”
*Yes Sir Michael, round two has begun…
Anna looked me in the eye and said “that is not our rubbish”. Guido pointed out that it was outside their office and had a Friends of the Earth sticker on it. She said it was not their bin, the rubbish must come from their neighbours and she offered me the chance to come view their extensive recycling facilities. Guido declined the offer. Anna clearly was genuine and Guido is a sucker for a pretty face – so will accept their claim.
However, there is clearly a missed recycling opportunity here for them literally on their doorstep. All that paper waste and their handy recycling facilities…
This year we are making two changes to the award – an international category to recognise the efforts of foreign journalists. The winner of the UK award will, in addition to the trophy, also receive a specially drafted Claim for Monies Owed from the Courts.
Let Guido remind you of the nomination criteria: a story has to be pinched from an original blog source, either verbatim or in essence, and no credit / payment given to the original source. This qualifies as plagiarism. Similar stories on subjects eliciting similar comments do not pass this test, since even lazy journalists can have the same ideas as brilliant bloggers.
International interest in this award is high, nominees will be nerve wracked. Get nominating…
Editor Marc Shoffman said: “Pink News does not believe the report was irresponsible, whilst we understand the time pressures of the Chancellor, the fact is that if the Whips believe the legislation was ‘flagship’ this suggests that someone who themselves seeks to become Prime Minister should also attend... The Treasury is a 5 minute walk from the House of Commons, if you passionately believe in something you can take some time out of the day to vote for it, especially as many of the votes were conducted outside of office hours.”
Gordon has on 14 separate occasions failed to vote when issues relating to gay equality were voted on. He has failed to support the government’s equalisation of the age of consent, the abolition of Section 28, gay couples being able to jointly adopt, civil partnerships and the Equality Act. Tony Blair made the votes…
[…] Read the restDear NPP applicant,
CONSTITUENCY LABOUR PARTIES SEEKING CANDIDATES FOR THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION
You are receiving this letter/email because you applied to the National Parliamentary Panel by the end of March deadline set by the NEC for early selections.
Judge Geoffrey Rivlin QC suggested the LibDem’s biggest backer will face a jail sentence when he is sentenced on 25 September.[…] Read the rest