Guido’s Get Tough Policy On Comments
As the daily blog readership has now broken through 10,000* per day, Guido is getting a different class of readership. This is spilling over into the comments – comment makers it should be noted represent less than 1% of the readership.
Comments to be deleted:
- “The Jews control the media, politics etc.” – Guido is a Catholic, so that can’t be right and will just get deleted.
- Long rants, go to ConservativeHome.com, Bloggers4Labour, Samizdata or Harry’s Place. Guido’s co-conspirators are not interested in your long considered view on Iraq / BBC / EU / UFOs. Argue amongst yourselves. Leave us here to do unfounded rumours, dirty jokes, tittle-tattle, puns and witticisms.
- Outright libels – even if true, try to just hint, if you can’t do that, email the full story to Guido, it will then be hinted at far more cleverly by an experienced gossipmonger. It may also get you a “Guido Conspiracy Member” T-shirt – if it is very good.
Comments that will probably be deleted:
- Anonymous anonymongs usually post rubbish, comment threads get tediously over-run by half-a-dozen different anonymouses. Readers can’t tell which idiot is saying what idiocy. Use a name – you don’t have to register.
- If David Miliband can comment without fear, so can you. A witty name gives you a character which readers can cherish/despise. Obviously he used his real name, but he is not funny. At all.
Comments that will be cherished:
- Quick wits – Stalin’s Gran is the master of this, Opus Dave Member has his moments, Flock of Seagullers is a sick person and much appreciated.
So comment makers, raise your game or get deleted.
UPDATE 2016: *Now well beyond 100,000 per day.