IngSoc told us War Is Peace but NuLab tell us War Is Freedom. (Jack Straw in the Guardian making excuses.)
- Oceania (commonly called the US and Britain) is at war with
AfghanistanIraq. Oceania has always been at war with AfghanistanIraq.
- Eurasia (commonly called Russia, Pakistan, etc.) is allied with Oceania in war against Afghanistan. Eurasia has always been allied with Oceania.
- It’s okay that there were no “weapons of mass destruction” in Iraq; that’s not why we went to war.
- The Nobel prize committee has been considering nominating George Bush and Tony Blair for the Peace prize.
- Just like in 1984‘s Room 101, the Miniluv operations in Guantánamo Bay were authorised to “exploit a prisoner’s phobias, sometimes using muzzled dogs in interrogations.” Doubleplusgood!
- “I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we’re really talking about peace.” — George W. Bush.