His Saturday column has been gone for a while he has been writing less and less regularly for the paper, and has been increasingly Ukippy for some time.
His pro-Tory Budget piece was not enough to save him.
Mail sources say he has resigned, officially.
There is some speculation he is off to the Sunday Telegraph.
Paging Peter Oborne, paging Peter Oborne…
“We work very much as a package.”
Buy ITV and BSkyB…
Looks like Hammond’s off too:
The Telegraph has the story:
Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation concluded he did attack a producer on the programme.
Lord Hall, the Director General of the BBC, is expected to announce his decision on Wednesday after considering the findings of an internal investigation.
Clarkson, 54, will be thanked for his work on the hugely popular motoring show, but will be told such behaviour cannot be tolerated at the Corporation.
It is understood a report into the so-called ‘fracas’ at a North Yorkshire hotel,concluded that presenter spent 20 minutes verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon, before launching a 30 second physical assault on him.
Chris Evans is being lined up as his replacement. The BBC ignores the will of the licence fee payer once again…
Handbags over in The Lobby as the Telegraph un-invite any hack not from the Telegraph to a Telegraph/Ad Week event with Lynton Crosby:
After briefing the event out, invitations have now been withdrawn. Yet something tells Guido the national media are going to turn up anyway…
The inkies are turning on the broadcasters ahead of Thursday’s ‘debate':
Guido predicts Labour will make lots of noise and nothing will happen. Much like their entire pre-debate strategy…
Guido’s column in today’s Sun on Sunday asks: Where’s Mili? Why has Ed gone missing in the campaign so far? And why is the Labour leader missing from his party’s election leaflets? Also in today’s column:
- Which Shadow Cabinet minister’s daughter has posed in Kim Kardashian’s skintight latex dress?
- Sarah Champion jokes about her poppy wreath shame
- Which Tory cabinet member asked for Nigel Farage’s autograph this week?
- Farage has banned his MEPs from employing their wives at the taxpayer’s expenses. What about his MPs?
- Why scandal-hit ‘Kipper Janice Atkinson should know a thing or two about dealing with a media storm
- Tory toff Tim Yeo is having trouble coming to terms with the end of his parliamentary career
Click here to read Guido’s column for free, not behind the paywall, on SunNation…