Business Insider have unearthed a 1987 ITN clip of a dashing Paul Mason handing out the Workers’ Power newspaper and talking about “building revolutionary politics within the Labour Party”. Workers’ Power were a militant Trotskyist entryist group which infiltrated Labour in the eighties when Mason was working as a music teacher – his economics is all self-taught. The same year Mason was distributing their material, they published a pamphlet commemorating the Russian revolution and praising Lenin. It has taken nearly thirty years to achieve his entryist ambitions, now finally Labour’s Shadow Chancellor has signed him up to help with Labour’s economic policy…
Not content with giving the lipstick kiss of death to the euro, Ken, Gordon, Yes to AV, Miliband and Burnham, Eddie Izzard is running for Labour’s NEC. They’re a bunch of comedians…
The Staggers reports Eddie will be the moderate candidate fighting the far-left Momentum slate:
The entry of Izzard into the race will come as a blow to the Grassroots Alliance, the left slate backed by Momentum… [Izzard] describes himself as a “radical moderate. I do radical things with a moderate message”.
Like the Iran-Iraq war, it’s a pity they can’t both lose.
The Oxford anti-Semitism row which prompted the resignation of the Labour Club chairman Alex Chalmers was sparked by their decision to support the 10 year anniversary of “Israeli Apartheid Week”. Shock horror, Guido can reveal that this week’s festivities and the previous annual “Apartheid Week” events hosted at Oxford have featured a host of anti-Semitic guest speakers with disturbing views. Here is a breakdown…
- Has said that Jews were involved in carrying out the Holocaust: “There were Jews in every main position of power in Nazi Germany… There were Jewish guards at concentration camps.”
- Claims “racist, often sadistic” Israeli soldiers are meting out “punishment… to Palestinian civilians” in a manner “reminiscent of common Nazi practices against the Jews.”
- Blames Israel for anti-Semitic attacks on Jews: “It is this brand of cruel Zionism that is the real enemy of what remains of liberal Israel and of the Jews outside Israel. It is the enemy because it fuels the flames of virulent and sometimes violent anti-Semitism. Israel’s policies are the cause; hatred of Israel and anti-Semitism are the consequences.”
- Defended hate preacher convicted of fundraising for Hamas.
- Promotes anti-Israel conspiracy theories: “Pro-Israel organisations in Britain and elsewhere are manipulating growing European Islamophobia to discredit us…The British authorities have fallen into an Israeli trap… The pro-Israeli lobby must not be allowed to determine politics in Britain.”
- Outed as an anti-Semite by her own nephew.
- Wrote an article stressing the similarity between Zionism and Nazism. The article caused a significant uproar and was removed from Al Jazeera.
Support for hate preachers, anti-Jewish conspiracy theorists, activists who compare Jews to Nazis, and Israeli victim-blaming. Just a few speakers aligned to the Oxford Labour Club anti-Israel events this week…
This is not a parody: Momentum, the movement run for the people by the people, are launching a new series of lectures titled “People’s Philosophy, Politics and Economics”. The “People’s PPE” forums will seek “to bring political education and awareness back down to a community level”. Will they be achieving class consciousness in the working men’s clubs of Doncaster and Rochdale? Of course not, the first event will be held in a community centre in Hackney.
“Living in a capitalist system, we have become institutionalised into decadence, indulgence and consumerism… Only the Godfearing are saved!”
Ann “There is a money tree” Pettifor rounds off the line-up. Onwards comrades, to obscurity…
[gigya src=”https://d15mj6e6qmt1na.cloudfront.net/cdn/embed_player.swf” style=”background-color:transparent; display:block; max-width: 700px;” flashvars=”image_option=small&imgURL=https%3A%2F%2Fd15mj6e6qmt1na.cloudfront.net%2Fi%2F19878576%2F300x300%2Fc&link_color=%2358d1eb&mp3Author=LBC+Best+Bits&mp3Duration=190908.0&mp3LinkURL=https%3A%2F%2Faudioboom.com%2Fboos%2F4194420-ive-been-accused-of-antisemitism-all-my-political-career-my-2-jewish-girlfriends-didnt-seem-to-notice-it-ken-on-oxford-uni-antisemitisnm-row&mp3Time=05.58pm+17+Feb+2016&mp3Title=%22Ive+been+accused+of+antisemitism+all+my+political+career.+My+2+Jewish+girlfriends+didnt+seem+to+notice+it%22+Ken+on+Oxford+Uni+antisemitisnm+row&mp3URL=https%3A%2F%2Faudioboom.com%2Fboos%2F4194420-ive-been-accused-of-antisemitism-all-my-political-career-my-2-jewish-girlfriends-didnt-seem-to-notice-it-ken-on-oxford-uni-antisemitisnm-row.mp3%3Fsource%3Dwordpress&player_theme=light&rootID=boo_player_1&show_title=true&waveimgURL=https%3A%2F%2Fd15mj6e6qmt1na.cloudfront.net%2Fi%2Fw%2F4577969″ width=”100%” height=”150″ allowFullScreen=”true” wmode=”transparent”]
Ken Livingstone has been on LBC to dismiss the Oxford Labour anti-Semitism row, claiming that in all his decades on the Labour left he “never heard any anti-Jewish sentiment”, and that he can’t be anti-Semitic because he’s had two Jewish girlfriends. Errr…
That would be the same Ken Livingstone who told a room of Jewish Londoners he didn’t expect their votes because they were rich:
“Ken toward the end of the meeting stated that he did not expect the Jewish community to vote Labour as votes for the left are inversely proportional to wealth levels, and suggested that as the Jewish community is rich we simply wouldn’t vote for him.”
And the same Ken Livingstone who told a Jewish reporter he was “just like a concentration camp guard”. He didn’t hear it, he just said it…
Suliman Gani is an Islamic extremist who thinks women are “subservient” to men, has condemned homosexuality and demanded “justice” for an al-Qaeda terrorist. On the night of the Paris attacks, Suliman appeared at an “Islamic question time” event where speakers called for an “Islamic state”. Guido will give you three guesses as to who he backed for Labour leader.
Suliman and Jezza even stood shoulder to shoulder at an event last summer:
It’s not just the nonces who are fanboying over Corbyn’s Labour, the jihadi baddies are too…
After the chair of the Oxford University Labour club quit alleging anti-Semitism, other members of the organisation have come forward with fresh racism claims against fellow Labour members. The new allegations include:
- Several people, all of whom have been on the committee, have been known to sing the song “Rockets Over Tel Aviv” and have specifically expressed support for Hamas’ tactic of launching indiscriminate attacks against Israel’s Jewish citizens
- One member stated that it was ‘not anti-Semitic’ to allege the existence of an international Jewish conspiracy
- One member, then on committee, stated that all Jews should be expected to publicly denounce Zionism and the state of Israel, and that we should not associate with any Jew who fails to do so
- One member was formally disciplined by their college for organising a group of students to harass a Jewish student and to shout ‘filthy Zionist’ whenever they saw her
- One member argued that Hamas was justified in its policy of killing Jewish civilians and claimed that all Jews were legitimate targets
There has been no comment from the leader’s office or the Shadow Cabinet as we enter day three of the Oxford Labour race row. Will that change today as these new allegations surface?
Last night Guido reported that the chair of Oxford University Labour club has resigned in protest at anti-Semitism in the organisation. The official line is that Labour are “deeply troubled” by claims of racism, though Momentum don’t seem to have got the memo. Max Shanly, a key Momentum ally of Jon Lansman who has previously been accused of bullying, says the row and resignation are “great” news:
So according to Momentum claims of anti-Semitism are all part of a “smear campaign” by “the Right of the Party”. Perhaps it is all a Zionist conspiracy, eh?
The chairman of Oxford University Labour club has resigned in protest at anti-Semitic and terror sympathising members of the organisation. Alex Chalmers claims “the student left in Oxford more generally have some kind of problem with Jews”:
“Whether it be members of the Executive throwing around the term ‘Zio’ (a term for Jews usually confined to websites run by the Ku Klux Klan) with casual abandon, senior members of the club expressing their ‘solidarity’ with Hamas and explitictly [sic] defending their tactics of indiscriminately murdering civilians, or a former Co-Chair claiming that ‘most accusations of antisemitism are just the Zionists crying wolf’, a large proportion of both OULC and the student left in Oxford more generally have some kind of problem with Jews.
Despite the so-called ‘ceasefire’ in Syria, Russian planes have been accused of bombing a Medicin Sans Frontieres hospital this morning, killing nine people. According to the humanitarian aid organisation, “This appears to be a deliberate attack on a health structure, and we condemn this attack in the strongest possible terms”.[…]
Last month John McDonnell’s economics adviser David Blanchflower savaged Corbyn’s plan to ban businesses from distributing dividends as “silly stuff“. Now Richard Murphy, the so-called guru of Corbynomics with his People’s QE, has twisted the knife into Jezza’s mad idea:
“I think it was one of those ideas that has been floated which… didn’t fly.
On Saturday Momentum’s 52 person National Committee convened for the first time, telling supporters that the purpose of the meeting was to elect a Steering Committee of 14 senior figures who will run the organisation. Yet in leaked emails sent the week before, Momentum chief Jon Lansman boasts that the election will be a “formality” because Steering Committee members had already been “confirmed“.[…]
Momentum is supposedly a grassroots organisation run by the people, for the people. So how do they elect their national representatives? Meet Frankie Leach, a 19 year-old International Politics student at Manchester Met. Frankie is also a Momentum activist who spent Saturday night boozing with the group’s boss Jon Lansman.[…]