The top three stories of the year were :
- Andy Marr’s dirty linen was blog washed in public (despite his secret injunction) : A Story You Won’t Get from the BBC, Guardian or The Times, The Secret of Three of Westminster’s Media Gate-keepers
- Guido’s dark secret from his past was also Outed.
- It turned out that it was indeed time to read-up on Barack.
- Did CCHQ succeed in Finishing the Project : Making 2008 Dangerous for Brown?
- Guido Writes, Downing Street Deletes
- The meme that Gordon is a Jonah got started (and was eventually taken up by Andy Coulson).
- Suspicious Minds and Convicting Politicians was a long piece where Guido explained the blog’s raison d’etre at some length.
- MPs Four Times More Likely to Commit Fraud Than Benefit Claimants
- Tom Watson’s Ministry of Untruths
- Totty Watch : Black & White Tory Ball
- UK Government Bails Out Less Indebted Liberia
- Gordon’s Jinx : It Is Official!
- Guido reveals that Fijian tourism has been doomed by Gordon. Unbelievable, but true.
- Do You Think This is Herr Braun’s Swastika?
- From Mr Brown to Mr Bean to Mr Blobby, 19 Heads of Government wonder why Gordon is such a twat.
- More humiliation for Gordon – Aussie PM “No Chinese Goons in Oz”
- You Won’t Read This in the British Press, Lobby hacks have a £210,000 per annum taxpayer bar subsidy.
- We cried : Jenny Leaves Brillo for the Old Lady
- Prezza said Pass the Sick-Bag Pauline
- Ofcom : “Guido is a Public Service”
- Brown’s Bushisms
- How to Hack Harriet Harman
- Zimbabwe and Britain : Parallels (I)
- Steve Richards : “Voters Aren’t As Clever As Me”
- Steve Richards: Fails Numeracy Test
- Bye Bye Guardianista
- Portillo is a Broadcaster Not a Tory
- The Commentariat Strike Back: The Blog You Love, They Hate
- HM Treasury Happier Without Gordon
- Tamsin Exposed as a “Toff”
- The Guardianista Class, fancy that, privately educated.
- Spelman Had Nanny on the State
- Nadine’s Dragons
- Jonah Jinxs Fiji
- Steve Richards makes The Case for Elite Politics and Not Listening to the People
- Coulson Does Gordon Over Guido-Style
- Polly : Who’s Miserable Now?
- The Worst Blog Prediction Ever
- Watching the Pigs Vote
- Young Blood Needed at the Daddy of Think Tanks
- Rosindell Googling Himself in the Early Hours
- Fabulous Fabricant
- Draper’s Rehab : Gordon Gets a Psychotherapist
- Flip-Flop Punditry
- The Sith Suffered a Grave Defeat Yesterday
- Flashback : The Smith Institute Exposé
- Charity Commission Attacks Sith for Spinning Report
- Tory MP Intimately Embracing Nanny
- Just Like “The Thick of It”
- When Was the Last Time You Heard a Cameroon Mention “Freedom”?
- Smith Institute Destroyed, Chairman of Trustees Resigns, Director Resigns
- Is Brown Bonkers?
- Polly : Get Rid of Brown or the Labour Party Will Die
- The Class Contradictions of Polly
- Totty Watch : Tatler Tory Totty Special
- Brand Cameron
- Tories Give Bloggers Parity with Big Media
- Who Told Peston?
- The Greatest Capitalist versus the Geeks of Capitalism
- Perils of Tripartite Regulation
- The Banana Moment that Finished Miliband
- Guido predicted the narrative was about to shift: Gordon Lives – CCHQ Celebrates Prematurely
- Who Reads Guido?
- Draper’s Rapid Rebuttal Mission
- Osborne : “Fox is a S**t”
- Wrong Kind of Rich?
- The Tory Obamacons Should Look and Learn
- Gordon’s Pollster Deborah Mattinson Slammed for Dodgy Polling
- Blog Regulation : They’ll Have to Prise the Keyboard Out of Guido’s Cold Dead Hand
- Mauled Mandy Shows His Claws
- Government of the Spinners, by the Spinners for the Spinners
- Woolas Gets Pied
- Pound Collapse Shows Britain Not “Best Placed”
- FT Calls Cable “Loony”
- Cameron : BBC is Bloated and Left-Wing, But I Appreciate It
- Labour Re-Treads Plot Online Battle, Draper Mulls Blogging
- Blears v Guido : Not Nihilistic, Realistic
- Tax Cuts are the New Black
- Crash Gordon : Saviour of the Universe
- How the Tories Could Lose in 2009
- The Lobby Pass Dilemma
- BBC Business Reporting Was Pathetic Yesterday, Again
- Firm Support for Beer Tax Cut
- Clunking Fists Strike Opponents
- Brown Confesses to “Procuring Misconduct in Public Office”
- Zimbabwean Central Bank Endorses UK Policies on Banking
- Something Odd in the Banking Bill
- Can Someone Explain the Bank Bail-Out?
- The Resurrection of Saint Hain
- Exclusive : Tribune Mystery Buyer is a Capitalist
- Ronald McDonald Higher Rated than Gordon Brown
- The Tax Base is Fading to Grey
- 200,000 Pledge Not to Pay TV Licence
- Crash Gordon – Saved the World (In His Mind)
- German Finance Minister Mocks Brown’s “Great Rescue Plan”
- Totty Watch : Cheeky Girls II
- Draper’s Digital Dreams : Meanwhile Over at Labour HQ
“Wow, Guido, never thought such quantities of green stuff would be generated by a simple lunch for the University of Cannes Moral Philosophy Department. Clearly envy not confined to the Left … but there we go. Must dash .. have the University of Nice Women’s Gymnastic team coming for tea. Pip! Pip!”
Guido will confess to jealousy, he has spent the holidays cradling his snotty girls to his bosom, whereas Brillo holidays in the bosom of his, errm, nieces.
The Daily Politics is still the best television politics show, doesn’t take it self too seriously yet Brillo doesn’t let politicians off the hook when they talk bollocks. Adam Boulton’s post PMQs match report is coming on well and does sometimes make the old men muttering around the Daily Politics studio look a bit stale. That needs freshening up, particularly the regular guest line up. Pip! Pip!
Apparently the Dark Lord is in Marakesh, this tip-off has just arrived in the inbox:
My sister just txted me from Marakesh. Mandy spotted with a young boy. Unfortunately she is not politically nerdy enough to have followed up the spot so the trail is cold. Not much of a tip-off but it may be the start of a trail.
Anyone out there got a camera-phone?
- Sh*t Politician of the Year
- Sh*t Journalist of the Year
- Sh*t Blogger of the Year
- Hoon Prix d’ Sh*t of the Year
A co-conspirator T-shirt to the wittiest nomination…
UPDATE : Some of the entrants seem to misunderstand, it is not a vote for another bloody list, it is a contest of wits, you have to make a nomination with amusing grounds. Not just say “Brown is a sh*t.” It is for a T-shirt after all…
You know how it is; one minute you are working hard, suited and booted, next thing you are made redundant. It happens to so many middle aged men who thought they were at the prime of their careers. You end up irritating the wife mooching around in a tracksuit, flicking through the teletext pages all day, shouting at the telly. Bit sad really…