Guido would like to welcome BuzzFeed to the UK online scene. They’ve had a highly prolific first day and are pressing the right buttons with their booze up tonight. Guido thought he would share with them some top tips for surviving the British blogosphere:
- Iain Dale invented the online list format in Britain before you.
- Don’t worry about HuffPo over here, they couldn’t break a window.
- Waking up before lunch is not a necessity, see Political Scrapbook.
- The rate you should charge for #SkyPapers is £300.
- It’s very important to Paul Waugh that he gets credited for any story, pun or hashtag.
- SideBoob stories are an admission of creative failure.
- Take the phrase “evidence based blogging“ with a pinch of salt.
- If the New Statesman’s Alex Hern sends you another job application, just send him back this:
- “Dr” Eoin Clarke writes about healthcare a lot but ignore him because he is not a doctor and he is always wrong.
- We recommend a flame war with Derek Draper.
- Meet Larry and Freya. You’ll like these two.
The number one rule:
You’re either in front of Guido, or behind…