In a full-throttled defence of Prince Harry against Murdoch – whom Louise Mensch defended over the publication of the naked pictures – Nadine Dorries really opens up with both barrels into the soon to depart these shores fellow Tory MP.
- “I was bitterly disappointed to see the face of Louise Mensch, and the words taken from her interview on the Today programme supporting the Sun, used by the paper as a justification for their actions.”
- “She is a former MP who has resigned midterm, supposedly for the sake of her family and has, without doubt, handed her seat to Labour. A pill very hard for some to swallow when she appears on her social media site and Twitter by the minute and has no problem leaving her family, popping up on the media on a regular basis, even to condemn Prince Harry.”
- Calls Mensch “unprofessional and undignified” for leaving the televised Murdoch hearings “to do the school run”. Goes on to say “This was stomach turning for female MPs, who act in a professional manner in order not to be judged lacking against our male peers, knowing that hell would freeze over before any male MP would behave in the same way.”
- Alleges that “Louise has always put her own ambitions first. She has spent her entire time in Parliament void of principle, as an ultimate loyalist Cameroon, regardless of the issues, and then commented in frustration ‘what do I have to do to get promoted?’”
- Accuses Mensch of “schmoozing” the Murdochs hinting “maybe she will be luckier in the job stakes this time now that she has made herself available, having walked away from a seat she knew she may lose at the next election.”
- Compares her behaviour to Prince Harry’s behavious unfavourably: “it’s not as though Prince Harry has admitted to taking illegal drugs, abandoned his post, or failed to turn up to work every Thursday in the style of Louise Mensch, now is it?”
Nadine tweets that she writes in sorrow, many bitterly envious Tory MPs will cheer:
Will Louise bite her lip or respond in kind?
UPDATE: Louise tweets