It takes something for a civil servant to write publicly to the PM admonishing him for lying. Could it be that three lies this month based on twisted statistics were just too much for the offical charged with counting the beans.
The Lies of March:
- “Some people talk as if net inward migration is rising. In fact, it is falling..”
- This lie drove Michael Scholar at the ONS to protest (above) at Brown’s corruption of the integrity of the statistics.
- “We have shown our commitment to our armed forces by increasing expenditure on them every year…”
- In real terms expenditure went down and he had to apologise to parliament for this lie.
- “Everyone now has a clear right to see their neighbourhood policing team spending 80% of their time on the beat”
- The Advertising Standards Authority banned a government advertising campaign from going ahead using the same claim because it was misleading.
Gordon pathologically lies with numbers all the time, he constantly reels off fudged statistics whenever he is questioned. Crime statistics are massaged and worst of all the government’s real debt position is hidden using PFI and by ignoring public sector pension obligations. When the Tories get in one of the first things they should do is restate the national debt to honestly reflect the dire truth of the position hidden by Gordon’s years of deceit…
Hat-tip : C4 News Fact Check